Cape Town and Surroundings
The ‘‘mother city” is one of the country’s must do destination during a journey in South Africa.
It’s cultural mix, history, urban sophistication, cuisine and stunning scenery attracts visitors from every corner of the planet!
Table Mountain, a natural world heritage site and recently voted one of the new Natural 7 Wonder of the World, is a haven of magnificent mountains plunging into crystal seas fringed with bleached white sands of the Cape Peninsula. The mountain chain stretches from Signal Hill in the north, to Cape Point in the South. A must-visit for anyone in Cape Town!
Cape Town’s surroundings are so diverse and astonishing. Explore the region:
- Visit Cape Point and hike amongst mountain zebra and red hartebeest admiring stunning beaches and colourful proteas;
- Visit the Jackass penguin colony of Boulder’s beach or the less touristic colony of Betty’s bay;
- Go for a whale watching tour in Hermanus from August till November;
- Go shark diving with expert marine biologist in Gaans Baai;
- Visit the beautiful villages of Stellenbosh and Franschhoek where you can enjoy excellent wine tasting and some of the best food of South Africa;
- Hike up Table Mountain or take the cable car and stay for a breath taking sunset.
- In Cape Town let our guide to take you through the city to experience it at its best!