Namib-Naukluft National Park
The Namib-Naukluft National Park is the largest park in Namibia with an overall area of 49,768 km2 about the size of Switzerland.
The most well-known area of the park is Sossusvlei with its orange towering dunes reaching more than 300 meters above the desert floor.
This arid region is reach of life including hyenas, gemsbok, cape fox, jackals and leopard. Snakes, lizards, geckos, scorpions, beetles and spiders have adapted to survive in the dune dynamics of the desert.
The activities are:
- Climb some of the highest dunes on the planet
- Walk to Dead Vlei with its ancient skeleton trees
- Visit Sesriem Canyon
- Explore the desert fauna
- Go for a 4×4 expedition to Sandwich Harbour
- Visit the Welwitschia Plains
- Watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon
- Photographic expeditions
- Horse riding