Damaraland and Kaokoland
The Damaraland is a spectacular area of Namibia. A mixture of grassland, dry riverbed and deep gorges. Here, escorted by an expert ranger, you will find big mammals that adapted to live in the desert environment such as elephant, black rhino, giraffe, springbok and even lions.
This is the region of the Brandeberg Mountain, the Spitzkoppe, the Petrified Forest and the world heritage site of Twyfelfontein, famous for its rich bushman rock art.
On the northern part, between the Hoanib River and the Kunene River lays the more remote and beautiful Kaokoland. It is in this arid region that you will find the Ruacana Falls and downstream the Epupa falls.
This is also the land of the nomadic Himba people and the best place to visit them.
The activities are:
- Photographic excursion
- Tracking of elephant and black rhinos
- Unique landscapes
- Visit Twyfelfontein World Heritage Site
- Visit the White lady, the Organ pipe, the Petrified forest and Vingerklip
- Star gazing in some of the best places in Africa for absence of light pollution
- Encounter with Himba people